Entrepreneur’s approach to self-development
Enterpreneurs! I need your attention and opinion. I believe that every entrepreneur should focus a lot on his personal development. C-level people not only have to be masters in the specific area they work on, but they also have to learn about:
- Decision making
- And every specific area they start to develop at their company. (at least high level of it)
Without those components, it will be hard to build successful teams, become great leaders, implement new processes, and create groundbreaking solutions and still stay sane and happy! Everyone has to have it’s personal development schedule and time to put boxes into places.
My development schedule looks like this:
- 1-2 short workouts a day (usually morning and evening around 45 minutes each) – listening to audiobooks during it.
- At least 1 Audiobook per week about a skill I am currently focused on (personal development)
- At least 1 Book per month about a subject which company is focused on (for example business development)
- 1-month iterations on the different types of diets.
- 20 minutes of mindfulness or meditation sessions per day.
- 8 hours of sleep.
To make this article informative, I am attaching the list of books which I liked the most, and I think which are must absorb info for every entrepreneur especially at the early stage of the startup:
- High-Performance Habits. How Extraordinary People Become That Way. By Brendon Burchard. https://amzn.to/2ZLeMlO
- Emotional Intelligence. Full guide to understanding people you will work with. By Daniel Goleman Ph.D. https://amzn.to/2ZK1J4p
- Hacking Growth. How Today’s Fastest-Growing Companies Drive Breakout Success. By Sean Ellis & Morgan Brown. https://amzn.to/2HTZnow
- Measure What Matters. How Google, Bono, and the Gates Foundation Rock the World with OKRs. By John Doerr, Larry Page – foreword. https://amzn.to/2zXlki2
- Sprint. How to Solve Big Problems and Test New Ideas in Just Five Days. By Jake Knapp, John Zeratsky, Braden Kowitz. https://amzn.to/2A1cPTd
- The Lean Startup. How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses. By: Eric Ries. https://amzn.to/2A4NOX2
- Never Eat Alone. Expanded and Updated: And the Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time- Expanded and Updated. https://www.audiobooks.com/audiobook/never-eat-alone-expanded-and-updated-and-the-other-secrets-to-success-one-releationship-at-a-time-expanded-and-updated/217132
- How to Build a Billion Dollar App. Discover the secrets of the most successful entrepreneurs of our time. By George Berkowski https://play.google.com/store/books/details/George_Berkowski_How_to_Build_a_Billion_Dollar_App?id=i0RzAwAAQBAJ&hl=en
- Loyalty 3.0. How to Revolutionize Customer and Employee Engagement with Big Data and Gamification. By Rajat Paharia https://play.google.com/store/books/details?id=6t6UYFqnV1YC
Enjoy your growth!
I am interested in how others approach their personal development and what methods you use to grow if you have any interesting to share or want something to ask.